[Postponed for now]

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

[Postponed for now]

Post by Serious Paul »

Postponed until further notice.

So this year is upon us, and the wood are full of trees. And its time for Paul and Meris Second Annual Burn the House down party!

The Dates: May 30th, 31st and June 1st. Which are a Friday Saturday and Sunday. I will most likely either take the 2nd of June off, or the 29th of May as well.

The Times: When you fucking drag your lame ass to my house.

What WE will provide: Our home, in all its trailer trash splendor, My Playstation 2, with its few games, my copy of Stratego and Axis and Allies, My five disc DVD changer, and the following:

We will provide an abundance of lunch meat, with fixin's. (Bread, mustard, cheese, dreckcetera...)

We will provide at least one home cooked breakfast.

We will have some Meat to BBQ, and two grills to Cue on again.

Coolers. I have like three.

What YOU need to bring:

This year I am saving money for Gen Con, and avoiding the whole Red Surge thing again. So bring a 12 pack of pop. You are encouraged t bring clothes, hygiene items, and anything you need to self medicate yourself into happiness-Alcohol only please. You may want to bring something to sleep with, I.e. a sleeping bag or a blanket.Whatever. If you want to do something specifically, bring that too.

I will be cutting wood a week or so from now, to set out. And addign to the pile. Hopefully our Septic will be fixed by then, so we will have showers available.

There is the possibilty this year that we may use our Inlaws place, where we are staying now. I will let you know as we get closer.

Now what I need are numbers. Who is in?
Last edited by Serious Paul on Thu May 22, 2003 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'll let you know on June 2nd whether or not I went. :D

I'm certainly interested, but you know how the construction industry gets during the summer. And if I end up moving to Peoria, there is no way in hell I'm driving 6+ hours to get to a BBQ. I know it's a bomb diggity BBQ, but it's still not worth driving 6 hours for.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

Let me know again where you live and I'll see if I can't drag aaron and john as well...

Sounds fun, toodles... :)
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

*MooCow points to the "Location: Stanton, Michigan" under Paul's name*
Jinx
Tasty Human

Post by Jinx »

I will try to be there, and drag Lil and Toon with me. We gonna game again, or do you not want to think about that one? :)
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Damn you. My son is being born that week, and I don't think I can sneak away long enough.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sucker! You had Kids!

We can Game Sludig if you want, this year will be much different fromt he big ole power game I ran this past year. Also we could play other things if other people want to run them.

And yeah Stanton Michigan.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Damn you Paul. I don't have enough vacation time to come up for the BBQ, and in March, and go to GenCon. You suck. :P
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Yeah, gonna already be making treks northwards end-ish of March, beginning of May and Gencon, can't do another one unless I end up moving a lot closer :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I will be there, unless I run into another tree. :) Like that would stop, me anyway. ;)
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Even if you're in bad shape, we expect you to be there, because you're a machine :)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Oooh. Caz and I are definitely interested. I'll need to do some checking before I say for certain, but I'd say put us down at 60% sure.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I like those dates, Paul...put me down as a maybe.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I'm a maybe as well.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Huge Major Date Change

Due to some popular demand by my wallet, the BBQ is officially moved to the very next weekend, June 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.

Plan accordingly.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Jaded and I will more than likely make it.

For those of you who want, the is also 1 motel nearby (like 2 minutes from his house) and it has cheap rooms. It is a skank motel, but the have a bed and a shower. Not like you spend a lot of time there anyway.

I think it was like $35 a night or something.

Paul, what was the name and number of that place again?
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I like those dates less :( still put me down as maybe though.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I will PM that number and stuff to you Ice. The date sput it after my pay day, which I like a lot better. Sorry not every one can make it.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Hell yeah. I'm all about hangin' out in Stanton and delving into the wide world of BBQ. Not to mention, it's only like a 2 hour drive. Can't say for definate of all the days, but am definately planning a couple of em.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Hrm, well, I don't even know what job I'll be working at by then. I'm guessing I'll be a 'no' again, but who knows. I can't let you know until like May, though. I'll register now as a 'probably not, but maybe'.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Sorry Paul, going to have to take another raincheck, I'm using up most of my vacation and all of my extra cash to go to Jacksonville 4 weeks before then.
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

I'll see about fitting that in. I'm sure I can get out of work early that Friday evening, make the drive up and then head out Sunday afternoon.

Well, mostly sure.

Put me down as 80% likely to make it.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Well like last year, whom ever shows, shows. There is no stress to show or what not. Its just going to be a fun weekend. Some guys from work might even stop by one night.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

As the date changes...

My chances plummeted.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Well as the date is a source of friction, and its still a long way off, here is our choices.

May 22nd, 23rd , 24th and 25th.

May 30th, 31st, and June 1st

June 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th.

The very first one is also the weekend of the Alma Highland Festival. Its also a Pay weekend which I like-I rather fancy having Cash to play with, and not just Instant.

Have at it!
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Which of those is Memorial Day? (Yes, I can't be arsed to go find a calendar. Piss off.)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

well it depends on your company.

May 30th is actually memorial day. For some fucked up reason though the 26th is the day it is "observed"

I think it is a conspiracy not to give americans a friday off work.

So more than likely corp america will have the 24th, 25th and the 26th off.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Too bad it's a little too far to drive.... :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Did I completely fucking miss this?
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

No Its canceled, for now. I will let everyone know if it is able to start up again. I will also edit the title of the thread