Rant about drivebys [Language not appropriate for work]

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

It's almost like the place you work wants to make sure you actually work. Crazy, that...
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

which is kinda silly because they encourage me to waste time on the internet since my job is uber boring.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Flirt with the IT guys. Get them to give you admin rights, if possible, and create multiple backdoors so you can reenable your admin rights after they get closed down (and they will,) or just have them install AIM for you.

What version of Windows are you running? I'll see if I can dig up any backdoors built into the OS.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

three problems there Sal.

1) the tech guys are downtown and we aren't.
2) my boss is another person who can give me admin rights and she's old enough to be my mother. *CRINGE* no thanks.
3) corporate frowns on having 'unecessary' programs installed, which is anything except for Netscape 4.7, Windows NT, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4.0. whenever I call in for tech support, they always peek into my hard drive to see what's installed and delete what isn't necessary.

good luck with the backdoors. btw, I run on WinNT Workstation
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

You're fucked. Sorry. WinNT has been out long enough that all of the easily accessed security loopholes have been closed.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Ice: Pot Kettle? :)
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Salvation122 wrote:You're fucked. Sorry. WinNT has been out long enough that all of the easily accessed security loopholes have been closed.
yeah, I know. *sigh* I keep pressuring the boss to pressure corporate to let us upgrade to 2000 as well as upgrade our browser. he wants to, but it doesn't look like corporate will budge. it's major screwsville.

I appreciate ya'll wanting to help though!!

Pink Cookies to all!
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

Salvation122 wrote:You're fucked. Sorry. WinNT has been out long enough that all of the easily accessed security loopholes have been closed.
Not closed; hidden. Security through obscurity. Passwords are still not encrypted, and as far as I know The L0pht still has a working version of Back Orrifice available, though I might be mistaken.
<iframe align="left" height="45" frameborder="0" name="deevsig" src="http://www.wiredreflexes.com/sig/wrx/wrx.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Well, shit, if Bulldrek PM works but Daki won't reply to them, it seems that the problem isn't technological.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Well, for one thing I rarely ever look to see if I have PM's on Bulldrek because it is so rare when I get them. And for another thing, I'm usually posting from work and distracted so I don't even notice when it says I do have a message.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

you mean PM popup isn't enabled?
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.