Patriots or Panthers?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
lorg
Wuffle Master

Patriots or Panthers?

Post by lorg »

Simple question.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

I have to go with the Panthers but that is due to a personal thing about "expansion teams"
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I'm going to have to go with the Pats. Their offensive line has been nothing short of outstanding and their defense was incredible to see yesterday. Same could be said of the Panthers, but I think they got very lucky in that game when McNabb was injured.
Matt McS
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Matt McS »

Daki wrote:I'm going to have to go with the Pats. Their offensive line has been nothing short of outstanding and their defense was incredible to see yesterday. Same could be said of the Panthers, but I think they got very lucky in that game when McNabb was injured.
They also benefited from the strange concept of "Put away the Whistle" Syndrome that occured in both championship games. If that hit on McNabb wasn't late, then I'd like to see what the ref's definition of "Late" is.

That being said, if you throw interceptions in one game, you most likely won't be on top at the end.

Better luck next lifetime, Birds.

My pick for the Superior Bowl... Pats.
"If masturbating was supposed to be cute, pink bunnies would do it in meadows and they'd ejaculate rainbows and flower petals." - Aubrey
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm deffinently going for the Panthers. They have hotter Cheerleaders.

GO PANTHERS!!! :D
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Going for the Panters as well.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ahhh, crap. Typo. I meant Panthers.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

MooCow wrote:I'm deffinently going for the Panthers. They have hotter Cheerleaders.
Cash wrote:Going for the Panters as well.

Nah. Too easy. ;)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yeah. I'm tired. :)
</font>
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Duh.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Sorry, I'm too distracted by the Lions taking Dick Jauron as their new defensive coordinator. Or maybe it's the fact that four other teams actually wanted ol' Dicky that boggles me.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
ratlaw
Tasty Human

Post by ratlaw »

Panthers. Home team and all. I'm hoping for a titanic battle in Houston, based mostly on the fact that the best Superbowl I've seen was the Pats vs St. Louis. Also, I wouldn't call McNabb being injured "luck." Injuring the other team's QB is strategy, as I understand football.
--
Ratlaw

By request all posts end in "Bla-DAMN!"
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Gotta go with the Pats. Used to live in New England...other than that, *shrug*
</font>
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

My sole existing football preference is "Anyone who is playing against the Raiders."

I LOVE to see the Raiders eat shit.

But that's only because I hate Raiders fans. Raiders fans have this almost supernatural predisposition to being amazing fuckheads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

MooCow is a carrier of Mad Cow Disease
Matt McS
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Matt McS »

Then you should see Eagle-fans, mano.

And I love that team. But their more... rabid fans need to be removed from the gene pool, along with any offspring they may have already contributed.
"If masturbating was supposed to be cute, pink bunnies would do it in meadows and they'd ejaculate rainbows and flower petals." - Aubrey
lorg
Wuffle Master

Post by lorg »

Me so tired ... Didn't get that much sleep tonight. So what did you think of the game?
Started out pretty slow but grew better ...
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I'm not a big fooseball fan, but oh man, some of those plays were just perfect.

That Panther doing his imitation of Superman over the end zon is a sure shot for SI.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Matt McS
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Matt McS »

Good game. Definite excitement in the second and fourth quarters. Any Eagles-fan that "Boycotted" the game because the Birds didn't get in (Again) sure missed out.

Now football fans get to kibbitz over the whole "2-Point Conversion" thing and John Kasay's inability to keep a kick-off in-bounds for the next few months.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I'm not a big fooseball fan, but oh man, some of those plays were just perfect.
Oh christ yes. There were some absolutely phenomenal plays from both teams. Those sports writers who were predicting a boring game can go right ahead and eat a bag of dicks.