Newly Free Games

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Newly Free Games

Post by Anguirel »

For those on a budget...

Allegiance, a multi-player space combat sim (with a RTS on the side, for one person per team per game), which runs on six year old hardware (possibly older), and from dial-up reasonably well, can be played without charge. For the programmers out there, the source is also now freely available from Microsoft.

Tribes and Tribes 2, also multiplayer games from the old Dynamix division of Sierra, are also now free. Tribes, at least, will run on six year old hardware. Tribes 2 requires a bit more.

I'm playing Allegiance now, and I think it might be cool to get back into Tribes if anyone is up for it. And servers exist. I haven't tried the new download out yet.

Feel free to add more legitimately free games (Under dogs, as nice as it is, is gray-legal usually. ;) ).
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Borrowed a legit copy of Tribes 2 and installed both on my laptop and on my desktop. That game still is fun, even when just playing with bots, which I've been doing for the past several days. It's not quite as crisp on the laptop, but once I tweak the settings right, I'll be able to kick all yer asses :p
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Tribes 2. Oh the memories of being in the Geezers. Fun times.

I still have yet to take out Joop in a shrike. Damn him. :roll

Let's form a Bulldrek tribe. Hell, we already have a webpage for it. :D
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Dude, suicide run. Get the damn thing up to speed, using all the energy for boost, then hop out at the last second before you hit the ground beneith him. The Shrike blows up good then.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

U don't understand. Dogfighting with Joop in a shrike. He always seems to sneak up when u are vulnerable and shoots you down before u know what hit you. Ramming him on the ground, no problem, u dont need to crash the shrike for that.
ratlaw
Tasty Human

Post by ratlaw »

I recently found this place:

http://www.agdinteractive.com

VGA remakes of the first two King's Quest games, and they're currently working on Quest For Glory 2. I believe Betrayal At Krondor is also floating around free, but that's old enough to need special software to play on modern computers.
--
Ratlaw

By request all posts end in "Bla-DAMN!"