Warm Summer Air

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Warm Summer Air

Post by Eva »

Sunlight at 8am. 15ºC before noon. Broken white skies. Birds singing after dinner. That smell in the evening.

I love Spring. :o)

What's your favorite season?
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

Fuck you and the E on your keyboard, too. :mad It's -17 C here, and it feels like -30 with the wind. We've collected a foot of snow in the last week, too.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

Oh, and I think Summer's purdy. :D
Lektrogirl
Bulldrekker

Post by Lektrogirl »

Spring time is odd for me, it makes me want to go running outside and explode, I feel like I have so much energy inside of me that I am ready to pop.

It's been nice and warm here too, mostly clear skies, a very soft breeze (which is odd for Wien) in the land of the year-round wind tunnel.

I think my favorite time of year is just when Spring is about to end, everything is at the perfect temperature and the grass is green and the flowers are in bloom.

I can't stand those days during the summer when the temperature gets hot and it's humid, blllaaa!! :p
Sludig
Tasty Human

Post by Sludig »

This may be sappy as hell, but fall. The leaves turning, the World Series, all very good memories. And once upon a time when I had even substituting, school was back in session.
_*I may be crazy but I'm not insane*
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

If you had asked me before this summer, I wouldn't have been able to give a proper answer. I would have said that I enjoyed all seasons equally. However, since aquiring a motorcycle, things have started to lean more heavily in favor of any time of the year that will give me at least 55-60 F with clear skies.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

It's raining and cold. Screw you all.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
JetPlane
Wuffle Student

Post by JetPlane »

When I went to Cancun for Spring Break, I loved the weather there.

80 degrees F, very humid, but since we were right on the beach, we had these nice, cool breezes that smelled like heaven. It rained for an hour the first day we got there, but it was soft, pleasant rain and the sun was still shining, so there was also some fantastically beautiful rainbows.

I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was down there.
Silent Sniper
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Silent Sniper »

It's the first day of spring, and I've gotten almost 4 inches of snow so far today.
_
The Duke of Slack
Wielder of the Axe of Mass Destruction
Keeper of the Food Loaf

Quote of the random period of time:
Beware, naughty children, for the bells herald Santa's dark harvest of souls...
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Spring is Sprung

Post by Cazmonster »

Thing here are so friggin' nice you'd never know I moved hundreds of miles north...

That, and I saw my first Robin of the season, it was very nice.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

It was spring here this morning. Then it was winter. I expect more winter, followed by a brief fall, then a little springtime before winter again. Eventually, we'll have summer, which will be something like 1,000,000 degrees for a week, then it'll dip into the -40s.

I live in Michigan.

I like summer best, so long as it's being asked. There's no doubt about it. I don't know what about the constant fear of being smashed into by a Bronco whose wheels are locked on four inches of ice could possibly be better than driving around with the top down, a girl in a long skirt and bikini next to you, a carton of cigarettes and a full tank of gas.
The Eclipse
Knight of the Imperium

Post by The Eclipse »

The last two days have been kinda crappy, but today we hit 78 degrees, sunny, with a nice little breeze, it was a wonderful day.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Bah. You can all keep your summer. Winter for me, any day.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Spring, probably. Or fall. But I guess it all depends on your geographical location, though.

What I do see, though...is that people tend to go for Spring or Fall since they aren't as extreme as Winter or Summer.
Serious Paul
Devil

California

Post by Serious Paul »

I liked Cali in the desert.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Favorite? None really. I like all the seasons.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I love being all rugged up in warm clothes in cold weather, with a chill in the air and my face all cold from the wind, but the rest of me is warm and happy.

I just wish winter would hurry up. I think Australia's seasons are on crack again. If it's Autumn now, why is it still 36 degrees C? *sigh*
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

I'm fairly certain I won't like the upcoming summer. At all.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

I love autumn. I like spring a lot too, but I loooove autumn.

Especially that point where the leaves are just beginning to turn, because the temperature just dipped low enough for a long-sleeved shirt and a sweater, but if you're out in the sun you're almost too warm, until the wind blows and suddenly you're very glad for the sweater. And if you step into the shade, suddenly you're wondering if maybe you shouldn't have a light jacket on.

You can get fresh cider for a song, and it's finally cooled off enough to contemplate baking all those wonderful apples into a pie, but still warm enough that putting ice cream on it makes sense.

The smell of burning leaves is in the air, and all the people who retreated into their homes because of the heat are suddenly back outside, enjoying the last gasp of lovely weather before going back into hibernation for the winter.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Especially that point where the leaves are just beginning to turn,
*looks around at all the evergreens and palm trees around him* :rolling
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

I love lazy English summers, the low buzz of a lawnmower and the weighted crack of leather hitting willow.

A glass of cold champagne, and the scratch of the grass through the rug you're sitting on, all cocooned in the heavy blanket of still heat.

*sigh*

[Edit:: Spelling fuck up *grin* ]
Last edited by Twisted Sister on Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lektrogirl
Bulldrekker

Post by Lektrogirl »

Toryu if it's nice enough this summer I may go up to one of those nice Anti-Czech rallies they've been having lately, oops, I mean Anti-Nuclear power rallies. :D
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Oh, I can imagine. Nothing lovelier than spending a hot summer day at a nuclear powerplant, surrounded by the ever polite czech police. :D
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Twisted Sister wrote: I love lazy English summers, the low buzz of a lawnmover and the weighted crack of leather hitting willow.
:eek Ok, you have to explain this one.
</font>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

ok..I meant a lawnmower not mover! :lol And leather on willow...its from a PG Wodehouse book, its the sound of a cricket ball [leather] hitting the bat [willow].
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ahhhhh....

*walks in*

Alright, ma'am. Where do you want this grass moved to?
</font>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

<flutters> Oh you big strong man you! My entire lawn! Now did you bring that tape of the noise of the mover as I requested? I do so love that sound, its simply wizard! *da da da*
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

*plays the tape of him moving lawns*
</font>
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

*is overwhelmed* Oh my! *applies the smelling salts in order to clear her head*
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

I like spring the most.

Fall is pretty and beautiful weather but it always reminds me winter is near.

I hate winter

And it wont go away, it is still dman cold here
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Harley667
Bulldrekker

Post by Harley667 »

I'm going to sound like a manic depressive when I say this, but here goes.

Winter, or perhaps the few months either side, when its cold, but bearably so. Don't ask why. It might have something to do with the enourmous black coat and big boots I like wearing so much. :)

In the summer, its hot, sweaty, sweaty, more sweaty, I have to wear clothes *other* than black.....and its sweaty! You walk around all day getting hot, then go home and get more hot! Blegh!

On the flipside, women wearing skimpy outfits. Yay! :)

Saying that, really clear Summer nights really kick ass. :)
And we all love napalm...theres one thing we've learned...that we all love napalm...its the way that it burns...
~Apprentice Thread Slayer~
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Like so many others here, my favorite seasons are usually spring and fall. Though right now the weather is on some serious crack and it's colder now than it ever was during the winter. So let me amend that a bit..I like the spring time in April and May when the temps are starting to warm up, but it's not so warm you roast, and you can see and hear, and feel the green things growing, that's when I miss not having my own land to have a garden in.

Fall in September and October is great, the evenings are cool and crisp, but not down right frigid (of course I have a strange concept of what's frigid ;) ). I love it when the leaves are just starting to turn colors, and it's one of those perfect New England autumn days. If you don't what that's like, you're missing out big time.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I myself prefer the summer. Sure, it's the south, and the humidity is kicking. The heat is just heavy and oppressive. But when you walk, and stop to take a break, and that wind catches you, it wisps it all away and you feel wonderful. Or when you stop and lean your back to a tree and sleep against it.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

I prefer winter, because it's cold, but not so cold that I freeze to things(I love English winters, about 1C). Summer is just too hot, and spring and autumn it rains really hard 'round here.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Fall. Straight up yo.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

As long as it's 22 C, I really don't care what season it is. Man, did I pick a wrong place to live for that. :|
\m/
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

SUMMER!! Warm air, sunlight, Overtime (Money!!), and pissing off the motoring public! What could be better?
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Spring is my Fav cause it means summer is coming soon. :)
-Big Jim
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

I didn't realize I had already posted to this thread. :/
-Big Jim
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

*pat*pat*
</font>
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

back in Texas, my fav season was Spring. it was the only time of the year that the humidity wouldn't choke the very breath out of your lungs. it was a week of mid 70s, nice breezes, occassional spurts of rain (while across the street it was a monsoon) and just plain nice. of course, the following day it would blaze up to 90 degrees with 75% humidity.

I'm divided on my fav seasons up here. I really really love the winter. I love the snow and the crisp cold. I also really love the summer here. it's not hot. trust me guys, Chicago summers are NOT hot. I used to break into a sweat just walking out the door in Texas during the summer. I only sweat a little up here and I'm wearing jeans all day! wussies. anyway... I also like fall, things just seem to be at their best for us (Daki & I) during that time. Spring is the only season I really don't care too much for. so... I guess... I really don't know! :D
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Ikarus7
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Ikarus7 »

My favorite season. I don't know, in winter I'm always catching a cold, I find autumn depressing and in summer I'm allergic to the godamn pollen so its like having a perpetual cold. So I guess that my favorite season would be spring.
<hr>The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Lektrogirl wrote: I think my favorite time of year is just when Spring is about to end, everything is at the perfect temperature and the grass is green and the flowers are in bloom.
Hot diggity damn! :d
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

Spring is here! How do I know? Well... the Italian tourists are in Vienna, about a million and a half of them! Oh, Italians can't drive for shit by the way, and they don't understand parking regulations either.

Argh!

I don't understand why people who have a country on the Med decide to come north for the summer, go figure..
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Angel wrote:Spring is here! How do I know? Well... the Italian tourists are in Vienna, about a million and a half of them! Oh, Italians can't drive for shit by the way, and they don't understand parking regulations either.
I love anyone who makes up their own rules in traffic as they go along. Italians. The French. Taxi drivers.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

DV8 wrote:I love anyone who makes up their own rules in traffic as they go along. Italians. The French. Taxi drivers.
taxi drivers are the scariest drivers in the world no matter where you are.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Gunny wrote:
DV8 wrote:I love anyone who makes up their own rules in traffic as they go along. Italians. The French. Taxi drivers.
taxi drivers are the scariest drivers in the world no matter where you are.
Though I must say, .nl has some of the best looking taxi drivers around.

Like they should be models and shit, scary stuff.
-Big Jim
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Thinking back, the Taxi drivers in Las Vegas were not all that crazy. They were actually... quite calm.