The Taste of Beer

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I used to be able to drink gin. I loved martinis, but I can't stand the stuff anymore. I dunno why, but I really don't miss it. granted I do get cravings every now and then, but all I need is to mix myself a drink with gin during the Halloween parties at Daki's dad's house and I remember that I don't like gin anymore.

I get the same cravings for margaritas and I don't like those either.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

How about a "slow comfortable screw up against a wall"? but take a shot of gin at the end as a kick in the junk. I think I'd puke...

1 oz. slow gin
1 oz. triple sec'
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. southern comfort
I believe it either has a shot of coke for colour, or some sort of other alcahol as the wall... can't remember *Sound of synapses fizzling*
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Since no-one believes I don't drink...

1. Vodka, Lemon & Lime
2. Kahlua
3. A random local home-developed recipe which has no name. (It's like a ginormous B52. Mix the following in one household bucket: two to four litres of milk, a bottle of Kahlua, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of butterscotch schnapps, and a bottle of something else - I usually double up on Kahlua. It's divine.)
4. Firetruck
5. Long Island Iced Tea

Bellinis have to get an honorable mention in there as well. Crushed ice, crushed fruit, champagne and vodka. Mm, mm, mm. Jagermeister should get a nod, too.

My drinking career was always hampered by the fact I loathe beer and wine, and strongly dislike the taste of most spirits as well.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Jestyr wrote:Since no-one believes I don't drink...
That's because we know you. :D
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
The Grip
Tasty Human

Post by The Grip »

*grumble*

Forgot to switch accounts.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

1. Jack and Ginger
2. Glenmorangie 12 Year Single Malt Scotch with a Sherry Wood finish
3. Beer, preferably a Red of some sort
4. Cabernet
5. Blue Margaritas
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

No more or less so than it is to have the strongest of feelings about any other inanimate compound.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

Jestyr wrote:Me? I never drink.
Ditto.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Spiral wrote:Speaking of drinks, we should really come up wih a "SMITE!^TM" shot. It should be... warm and welcoming, but with a powerful kick.
We could just rename the Barmat Special. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I can guess what the Barmat Special is just from the name. *shudder* Gack. *shudder*

That would be enough to make me never drink again - if I already drank in the first place, mind you, which I don't. :)
__
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

When you order one for a person, the crafty bartender will either chill the glass or mix with ice and strain into a glass. Otherwise, it's warm and it'll clue the person in.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Riiiight. Where, otherwise, they're completely oblivious?!

My god. I'm never ever letting any of you lot buy me a drink ever again, just in case. *shudder*
__
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So I am totally clueless here.... What is a Barmat Special? Does it involve bodily fluids?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Nope. It's actually just chamomile tea.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Just guessing, but it's probably all the old beer that's been spilt onto a bar mat over the night, then wrung out into a glass and served to some unsuspecting schmuck.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

More or less. It's from the mat underneath where the BT mixes the drinks. All the splash from the night collects there. There's usually a fair amount of tabasco there, too. Uber-nasty.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Re: Me? Drink? Never.

Post by Salvation122 »

Brineshrimp wrote:4. Tella, err, Telamor, oh Christ. I don't know how to spell it. It's more Irish whiskey.
You're looking for "Tullamore Dew." The things you learn when you read...
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

Sorry, I got it wrong...

"Slow comfortable screw up against a wall"

1 1/2 oz. Slo Gin
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1 1/2 oz. Southern Comfort
1 1/2 oz. Orange Juice
1 1/2 oz. Galiano

Double the Orange Juice, and add Ice if you're having more than one of these tasty bastards... :crack
--
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

I rarely drink. Honestly. I will drink on maybe one or two occasions in a year, and then I will have maybe three or four drinks.

But when I do drink:

1. Whisky. Good whisky. Canadian whisky or Jack. Even though I don't drink, I've had this craving for Royal Crown for a couple months now. One of these days, I'm going to go shell out the $25 bucks for a bottle just so I can have a couple shots.

2. Whisky with Coke. Preferably Jack & Coke.

3. Kirin. I don't really like beer (but I'll drink it), but one of my fondest memories is of me and my brother (both of us underage) stuck in the Tokyo airport with 6 hours before our flight takes off. We sat in a little lounge on a balcony overlooking the main entrance and drank Kirins for 6 hours. They were these huge .750 liter bottles for something like 150 yen apiece (like a buck or so). I don't like beer, but I love Kirin.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

So I was lying. I occasionally do drink.

I'm fond of beer, and I'll usually prefer a pilsner. Red Dog is a standard favorite, and on account of living too close to Canada, I'm prone to drink Labatt. Molson Ice is a fun little bitch, guaranteed to make one do something stupid.

A good gin and tonic makes me happy. Lovingly referred to as "craft juice" around here, Bombay Sapphire and tonic is a staple. Sapphire also makes nice martinis.

For the most part, however, I just drink whiskey. Scotch on the rocks, or with a splash of soda. Bourbon is also frequently in my glass. I've never developed a taste for Jack, though.

I've also been known to drink wine, but then I'm either looking to find a very relaxed drunk, or I've come into a considerable sum of money that allows me to purchase something classy to fit my taste.

As a general rule, I'll drink anything that contains alcohol and is provided free of charge.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

...I occasionally do drink... ...As a general rule, I'll drink anything that contains alcohol and is provided free of charge... ...I've also been known to drink wine... ...something classy to fit my taste...
This coming from the man who polished off 7 bottles of Moo's [alcaholic something or other]... :p
--
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Hey now, he did say that as a rule he'd drink anything that contained alcohol and was free. I think COW PISS met all those requirements. :)

* DV8 had hilarious and fond Word Association memories.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

BTW- the rasberry kicked serious ass... I went home with 2 bottles of it, and a very fun evening was spent on my porch with a pair of friends, Moo's wine, Some Tool, and I...
--
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

BTW- the rasberry kicked serious ass
If you want more, that can be arranged.

*MooCow looks at the cases of alcohol left over.*

:D
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

*MooCow looks at the cases of alcohol left over.*
Now there's something that can be used to kick-start the D&D campaign.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

Hmmmm... I wouldn't mind that... If you would like to send a few bottles my way, I wouldn't be opposed... Message me
--
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

BTW- the rasberry kicked serious ass

Teja perks up at the talk of raspberry ....Yummy :D
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

I despise the flavor of alcohol in nearly every form.

The strongest thing I imbibe on a regular basis is Mt. Dew and I'm working on reducing even that from my diet.

Evan
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Moulsari
Tasty Human

Post by Moulsari »

Well, I don't drink, since I live in a country where you have to be 21 to drink, and I'm not. But if I did... in no particular order, since it's all about the mood...

* LIIT
* Vodka/Red Bull (And I hate it when they don't have Red Bull and try to substitute it... ugh)
* Margharita
* Screwdriver
* Mudsliiiiiiide (Mmm... Kahlua/Bailey's/Vodka, and I think they add milk... tastes just like chocolate)

Speaking of chocolate... anyone else ever had a Chocolate Fudge Cake shot? The amazing liquid that looks plain and simple, disguised in a clear liquid... and that tastes just like chocolate fudge cake? Yum.

*looks for the smiley with a halo above its head...*
Sowhat
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Sowhat »

Mudsliiiiiiide (Mmm... Kahlua/Bailey's/Vodka, and I think they add milk... tastes just like chocolate)
I want one.
Moulsari
Tasty Human

Post by Moulsari »

Moulsari wrote:Speaking of chocolate... anyone else ever had a Chocolate Fudge Cake shot? The amazing liquid that looks plain and simple, disguised in a clear liquid... and that tastes just like chocolate fudge cake? Yum.
I want one, too!

:lol
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Never tried that, but I have had a PB&J. And yes, it does taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :)
</font>
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

My fav. poisons, in no particular order:

-Beer (Beck's or Gambrinus, preferably)
-Beer (Windhuk Lager and Budvar aren't bad either)
-More Beer (König Pilsener and Wicküler...tastay!)
-Vodka (mmm...Smirnoff)
-Gin Tonic
-Red Wine (a dry one; Principessa delle Uve is a magnificent one)
-LIIT
-Tequila Sunrise
-Beton (Becherovka with Tonic)
-Red Bull Vodka (if it weren't so freaking expensive at most clubs...*sigh*)
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"