Your Next Life

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Your Next Life

Post by MissTeja »

Seeming that reincarnation was possible (no I am not trying to start another religious-battle thread), and that you could choose what type of living creature you were to return as, (choices include all creatures that exist today), what would you return as? Would you choose to be a human again? Or, rather some type of exotic animal? Or an amphibian? Or, as in Moo's case I'm guessing, a cow? :) Or something else?
Just kinda curious.
I would definately have to be a black Jaguar.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Who wants to come back here?

I want a new body--like Silver Surfer's--something I can use to shoot lava tubes and sauna on the "surface" of a star. I want a body that will let me swim in the liquid diamond ocean of Jupiter's center and play "billiards" with the particles that make up the rings of Saturn.

Why limit yourself to this planet through reincarnation when we're promised "new bodies" when we get to Heaven?!

Evan
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I'm torn between becoming a human again or a bird (something like a falcon or eagle). If I was forced to make the choice it would be to become a human again.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

I'd probably just be me again, not for lack of creativity, but because I'm pretty happy with myself (a relatively uncommon trait for people, I realize).
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster points at Cazmonster.

I want that. Of course, I want that in Heaven so I can kick the shit out of several dozen Popes.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Cazmonster wrote:Cazmonster points at Cazmonster.

I want that. Of course, I want that in Heaven so I can kick the shit out of several dozen Popes.
Nah, man, they're in that hot place downstairs, y'know, the one that's run by the horned guy with them hooves and trident. :)
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Uh...Bob Barker?
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

on the nose

[voiceclass = bart]I'd be a butterfly... no one suspects the butterfly[/vc]

Seriously? I'd be a well cared for doggy, a pet doggy... they're always happy, and are well fed. :)
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

A dragon. Oh, sure, you don't believe now, but just wait until the awakening. :D
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I think I'd just have to go for me again, maybe go for more artistic skills and less logical ones :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

basically I'd want to be a human again, but only as long as I get to keep most of the memories.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Vralkie wrote:Seriously? I'd be a well cared for doggy, a pet doggy... they're always happy, and are well fed. :)
A dog or cat as well. Of course, you run the risk of coming back as a wild dog or as an abused pet. Teja never said that you got to pick where you went. :D

Barring that, a bear. Eating honey...stealing picnic baskets...frustrating the ranger...

Which brings up another point. Standard reincarnation or are you aware of your previous life? In that case, coming back as anything less than human would be frustrating. It'd be great at first because of the newness of it but after that??
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

Like you need to ask what I'd rather be...
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

A Jedi Master. :wideeyes
_
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

A cow?!?! good god no.... have you ever seen a real cow? They are hairy, ugly, smelly beasts. Which wouldn't really be a change, but still....

I'd return as a bag of grocerys accidently taken off the shelf before my expiration date. :D
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

one of the white tigers that were bred by the King of Siam...the very large ones...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Ta-Da!!!

Post by Brineshrimp »

sinsual wrote:one of the white tigers that were bred by the King of Siam...the very large ones...
You know, Sin. Fate is a cruel, cruel mistress and God has a sense of humor. That said, you know you'd come back as a white tiger bred by none other than the world's gayest magicians...Siegfried and Roy.

Roy: Watch, Siegfried. I vill make my penis disappear into tiger's buttocks.

Seigfried: Dat's vat I call magic.

I would probably come back as either human (because I like having opposable thumbs) or something more fun-loving, like a river otter. Although, meerkat also ranks high on the list.
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

And this is a bad thing? Look at all the female tigers they work with....:D
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

EvanMoore wrote:Why limit yourself to this planet through reincarnation when we're promised "new bodies" when we get to Heaven?!
Perhaps because not all of us believe in that sort of thing. Besides, it's a hypothetical; half of the /point/ is the limitations.

Anyway, I'd prefer to be human, if for no other reason than the rest of the species don't get genius, which we do. I wouldn't mind vacationing as a falcon, though.

Ideally, of course, I'd just be reborn into my body at age 1 or so, with all of my memories intact.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

I'd wanna come back as Szechuan. Caz had it right. :)

Edit: my mistake, I'd rather come back as one of these so I could figure out what the hell it is.
Last edited by Szechuan on Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Cash wrote:
Barring that, a bear. Eating honey...stealing picnic baskets...frustrating the ranger...

Which brings up another point. Standard reincarnation or are you aware of your previous life? In that case, coming back as anything less than human would be frustrating. It'd be great at first because of the newness of it but after that??
I guess either since I did not specify really. I had meant without prior knowledge, but most are sticking with prior knowledge, so either or.
Good point about coming back as less than a human being frustrating. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't know otherwise. I still stick with the Jaguar, unless we *could* remember, then it'd definately be a human. And definately a chick. :)
MooCow wrote: A cow?!?! good god no.... have you ever seen a real cow? They are hairy, ugly, smelly beasts. Which wouldn't really be a change, but still....
:lol :lol :lol Heh. :p
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Hmm good question. I will assume for the sake of the question we can't come back as some one we know or shit like that, so:

I'd like to come back as the Antichrist. Or maybe some one really gawd damned rich. I mean real rich or infamous.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

A robotic nuke monkey.

Oook oook, motherfucker.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Vralkie »

I'd also like to come back as a woman, mainly because I think it would be a completely different experience...
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
Lilith
Bulldrekker

Post by Lilith »

I'd like to come back as a guy's bicycle seat.

:sex

Edit: Seriously? I think I'd like to be a ferret. They always look like they're having the BEST time.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Me again. Give it a second shot. Maybe this time I can edit some of the really stupid shit I've done..like trust somebody completely before I've gotten to know them completely...and see where that takes me.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Vralkie wrote:I'd also like to come back as a woman, mainly because I think it would be a completely different experience...
Ditto here.
I'd return as a bag of grocerys accidently taken off the shelf before my expiration date.
Bad Moo! :lol
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'd also like to come back as a woman, mainly because I think it would be a completely different experience...
I'd come back as a hot babe with big tits, so I could sit around fondling them all day. :D
Bad Moo!
I was wondering if anyone was gonna pick up on that......
Meri
Tasty Human

Post by Meri »

Anything except Married to Paul!!!!
_"The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart."
-Saint Jerome-
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Well, that was interesting.....

Anyway.

I’d come back as a Wolf, probably a Timber Wolf though a Red Wolf would be cool if they hadn’t gone extinct. From the wild. The only remaining ones are in captivity. But I think that would be very cool. No worry about complex society or social problems and stigmas. Just live as free as you can.

I read something once that I though was very cool. Barry Lopez calls it the Conversation of Death. It’s where a predator begins its chase and asks to its prey. “Are you ready to die?” the prey naturally responds with “No!’ or even “Hell No!” if it’s healthy. But if the animals response is weak or it’s ‘no’ sounds uncertain then the wolf presses the question asking again till the animal gives in and says “yes”. This really romanticizes the kill but I think it shows that the cycle of life isn’t all that tragic.

But pack to the point, yes. I’d love a chance to be a wolf. To be on the hunt. To chase down my prey. And to fight the elements as a wolf does.
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Meri: Me too! :D

Jackal: Sounds more like you'd want to be a coyote, not a wolf. Wolves have a lot of social order and posturing bullshit. Not complex, perhaps, but still there. Coyotes are loners, for the most part.

I could never be a woman... I'd never get anything done. Multiple orgasms? I'd never leave my room. Funny part is, I could make a lot of money off that lifestyle...
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Anguirel, actually, a little of both. I like the social order to an extent, just not to the extreme humans take it. Though coyote works as well. You know. Jackal, Coyote, Tricksters, all the same more or less. :)
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Psykoguy
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Psykoguy »

I'd come back as a cow located in India. Why? hey, you get worshipped, and can trample people and they can't kill you for it. it's good to be the cow.
------------------------------
Highlander was a documentry, and it was filmed in real time!
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

With memories, human again.

Without, either a mountain gorilla, a dolphin or a dog.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Meri wrote:Anything except Married to Paul!!!!
Yeah, I can see where that consideration, sacrifice, and genius would be really tiring.
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

I think that next time I around, I'd like to a be a housecat that thought he was human, instead of the other way around, like now.
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Still, nothing out there beats a twelve foot cyberfreak with a head full of computer widgets and a body that can hunt and kill main battle tanks.
Adam

Post by Adam »

/Adam-Fucking-Jury/
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Well, okay, but I'd still want a nine foot prehensile cock.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Dude, it's prehensile, I'd just wear MC Hammer pants. Thus I have an easy egress for it when it wants to go adventuring.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

A tool draped with women, because who doesn't want to know the festivities of a nine foot cock?
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Cazmonster wrote:because who doesn't want to know the festivities of a nine foot cock?
<Raises hand> I do not want to know...

Evan
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

CazMonster wrote:A tool draped with women, because who doesn't want to know the festivities of a nine foot cock?
:crack

Spoken like a man who does not know the mind of a woman... to wit: most women I know wouldn't. Prehensile or not, 9-feet would hurt. If it didn't, you'd still be half-way across the room. Alternately there'd be a lot of cock getting in the way... I mean, you get close and you have frickin' loops of cock tangled around your legs... After about 4 feet, you're just wasting flesh, really, and only the last foot or so really matters. The rest is just for positioning, and you'd have to take non-standard positions all the time. Really, you should consider these things before you go for 9 feet and expect to give pleasure with it... The only use I've seen it put to is pain and torture, for which it is well suited. So you'd look like a tool... a dangerous tool, but still a tool with no non-masochistic women anywhere near-by.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Anguriel, obviously you don't know the mind of the Cazmonster, it's supposed to be more than a little frightening in all the comedic ways. I do realize exactly how 'deep' women are.

You obviously like to spend your time correcting me, so have a field day. I and my nine foot cock will be bouncing along and having a good time.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

i dunno, I thought the idea of having cock looped about ones legs was rather comedic.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Heck with looped around my legs. I wanted looped around her.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I dunno... it doesn't seem so bad. that's a lot of skin to lick!
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>