Pictoors

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Szechuan wrote:Does anyone remember that other thread where Kitt was complaining about smokers? You know, how she had to walk through their evil cloud to get out of the hospital doors, but wouldn't take steps to have them move? You know, where she complained about it on here, instead of taking responsibility for her own life?
That was Kitt? Wow. I didn't realize that. I think I was pretty mean to her there, as well. Typical; I'm such a dick. ;)
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

Anguirel wrote:
Instant Cash wrote:Or if you are like me, you do not care and carry the philospophy "If you look at me while I am naked, don't complain about what you see" :D
Which wouldn't be such a bad philosophy if IC ever wore clothes...

:lol
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Honest is mean eh? I have so much to learn about just passively sitting there and taking it apparently. I guess I'd be more popular.

Nah, fuck that noise.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

3278 wrote:
Szechuan wrote:Does anyone remember that other thread where Kitt was complaining about smokers? You know, how she had to walk through their evil cloud to get out of the hospital doors, but wouldn't take steps to have them move? You know, where she complained about it on here, instead of taking responsibility for her own life?
That was Kitt? Wow. I didn't realize that. I think I was pretty mean to her there, as well. Typical; I'm such a dick. ;)
I.. uhh.. think so. If I'm wrong, then I'm terribly embarrassed and sorry for the mixup. :conf
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I did, at one point have a problem with a group of smokers in front of a hospital door. It was a one time thing. I passed through them (when they were in a place they shouldn't have been smoking, by law, and where they were hidden from direct view until it was too late) and had an asthma attack. We proceeded to write a letter to the hospital the next day or so. Not much else we could do.

As far as telling this guy to fuck off goes, I did at least once, in so many words. With the little kids around, you can't quite put it in layman's terms. Unfortunately, WG is right: I also can't "blow the whistle" without attracting all kinds of unwanted attention. I like this theatre. He's the only guy who's a problem thus far, but saying anything would be considered "tattling" by certain people, like the director, and would only make matters worse. I don't need to be stared at, ridiculed, and bitched at because someone was making eyes at me. I don't like being watched, but I don't want to be driven out because I'm paranoid (which I am, diagnosed) and get easily creeped out by people who watch me when I'm not wearing much.

So why am I saying anything here? I originally said it just to vent. Now I have to defend myself. I don't think it's fair, but I'm sure at least one of you will have yet another comment, so whatever.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Kitt wrote:I did at least once, in so many words.
This means you didn't.
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

I didn't outright say, "Get the fuck away from me, you creepy, pervy sonovabitch." There were little girls around, and we were told to keep the yelling and cursing level at 0. The conversation that occurred has already been posted. If that's not saying, "Go to Hell," I don't know what is.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Now I have to defend myself.
No, you don't have to do anything you don't want to.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Kitt wrote:So why am I saying anything here? I originally said it just to vent. Now I have to defend myself. I don't think it's fair, but I'm sure at least one of you will have yet another comment, so whatever.
There's a tendency amongst teenage girls to redefine "unfair" as "personally undesirable." Certainly it's not unjust that you came to a public message forum - one known for its volatility - and posted a story "just to vent" and instead had to face resistance from members of the community who correctly presume your intent has more to do with gaining attention based on your sexuality while continually protesting your shyness and paranoia than with any kind of venting.

If you don't like the response you've faced here, I'd suggest that instead of complaining about how you don't like the response you've faced here, you spend some time figuring out what it is about you that makes you think this is the best way to gain attention from us and from the people in your life. Provocative pictures on the internet, semi-public lesbianism, continual teasing behaviors until you've developed a public reputation as such; these things are not going to make you a happy or healthy individual, and they're going to provoke exactly the responses you've seen here until you grow up and find some other way to get people to pay attention to you.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Anguirel wrote: Which wouldn't be such a bad philosophy if IC ever wore clothes...

More people should be sans clothes, the world would be a much better place. :D
Last edited by Instant Cash on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Kitt, you'd do well to listen to 3PO on this point. Remember that I rarely see eye to eye with him.

Look, you seem okay. You can probably perform a bit, you can probably put on a good show. That's great, and if you keep at it and get out of small theatre circles, you can make a good go of things.

Thing is, you have to STOP performing sometimes. You can kiss another girl to get centre stage for a time, you can complain about undressing in public, whatever. Sometimes, though, you just have to keep your mouth the hell shut.

I'll give you a few reasons for this, and refference them right into performance.

If some girl comes into something I'm running, and she's a kick arse performer but has a shitbox attitude, she gets the door. It doesn't matter if I have to go with someone who has half the tallent or less, because someone you can work with is better than some bitch who wants to play with everybody.

Come into something I'm working on and try any of that shit, and you're out on your arse. If you want to make money in this field, remember that you can't pull that sort of bullshit, no matter how much cleavage you show.

That's economics. A better reason is that if you don't stop performing, you'll end up having no idea who you really are after a few years. You'll believe your own hype and get lost amongst a lot of shit. Seen it happen to a lot of people. They tell you something and then give you this look which says, "I dare you to tell me I'm lying," because deep down they know that they are.

Look around you next time you're behind stage. Start a conversation with one of the people around. Ask them about themselves. Watch for the stare. You'll find it before too long, garunteed.

Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll wear that stare, garunteed.

Don't believe your own bullshit, Kitt. The people here are, in their own way, only trying to help. Sure, some of them get off on being an arsehole about it. Others like to yell at the person the others are fawning over. It's all good, nontheless. Remember that much.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Crazy Elf wrote:Kitt, you'd do well to remeber that samurai chop goth ninjas in half. Now stop being Ross.
Wow, that was a horrible typo, CE. I don't know how you managed it. I fixed it for you.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Anguirel wrote:
Crazy Elf wrote:Kitt, you'd do well to remember that samurai chop goth ninjas in half. Now stop being Ross.
Wow, that was a horrible typo, CE. I don't know how you managed it. I fixed it for you.
Your correction had a typo, Ang. I fixed it for you. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Are we reduced to this? :lol Correcting each others grammar in our insults? :cool
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Well I would insult people but I cannot see any reason too insult them.

Everyone is who they are. No need to tell that. ;)
-Big Jim
Adam

Post by Adam »

Instant Cash wrote:Well I would insult people but I cannot see any reason to insult them.
Corrected.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Technically, it would be, "Well, I would insult people, but I cannot see any reason to insult them."
Adam

Post by Adam »

Or: "Well, I would insult people, but I cannot see any reason to."

There's more than one way to skin this cat. But I don't think we can teach IC both proper spelling and punctuation at the same time. Baby steps.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

:lol
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Punctuation? Spelling? Hell, I'll be happy once we potty train him.

*goes to grab his rolled-up newspaper*

Bad, IC! Bad!!!
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Brineshrimp wrote:Punctuation? Spelling? Hell, I'll be happy once we potty train him.

*goes to grab his rolled-up newspaper*

Bad, IC! Bad!!!
Wait, why the hell would you be happy? I would think that having shit all over the place would be like paradise for you. ;)
_
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

*walks out wearing a toilet lid around his neck*

I didn't say where the potty would be, did I?
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Ooooo Beat me you dirty little irishman. :D

This is entirely amusing I must admit.
-Big Jim