[GenCon 2003] Thanks for The Memories

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[GenCon 2003] Thanks for The Memories

Post by MooCow »

Well I'm home. GenCon has come and gone for another year. Indy is much cooler then Milwaukee, and I had the best year ever. I'd like to thank all for making that possible, and a few specific individuals.

Cash & Jestyr - Thanks for letting me crash in your room, kept me from going broke this year.

FlakJacket - Thanks for putting up with the Country music and keeping me awake on the drive home.

Caz - Thanks for the awesome game of All Flesh, I had a blast. (Nothing like jumping up and screaming "I've kept hold of this gas can the entire time, and I refuse to let go of it!!!!".... only to realize that everyone in the food court is staring at you. :D)

Big Jim - Thanks for keeping me alive and out of jail on Thursday.

Jim, Kawaii, Nexus, Steve, Toon, Flak - Thanks for a great night Thursday... I'm never drinking that much again. (And this time I /mean/ it!! :D )

Jestyr - Thanks for giving me an ear to bend when I got pissed off at my life.

BOHICA Crew - Thanks for a great game. I've decided the experiment was a success.

Sailor Bubba - Thank you for reminding me that I'm /not/ the most pathetic person on the planet.

Again, thanks to everyone for an awesome 4 days. If I forgot someone that deserved a specific thank you, I appologize. I'll probably remember after a few days rest.

Here's looking forward to GenCon 2004!!! :roll
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

MooCow...you forgot to thank me for not showing up :)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I'd like to thank Gunny for doing a fantastic job on her Dogwitch costume and letting me see it tonight. And I get to see it again two weeks from now at Wizard World.

Excuse me... wetknap time. :)
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Yeah, so I had a great time as well. Too dang short - I am definately taking off extra days next year (and bringing a buttload of cash to buy out the entire art exhibit)! lol

Cash: Sorry for freaking you out when I got there, but thanks for letting me follow ya around till we found the others. LOL

Caz: Thanks, from myself as well, for the All Flesh game. It was a riot! And it's not every day I get to become a necrophiliac. :eek haha Caz: "complete dirty whore."

MooCow: Thanks for giving me a good laugh during the AF game, you Realist you, and helping me out badge-wise. You looked awesome in your costume.

Mael: Thanks for taking care of my drunk butt and being my guide around the Con. (AAAH!)

Sam: Thanks for grabbing my little deal with all my ID's, Credit Cards, etc. I literally owe you my life right now!

Thorn and Liniah: Don't forget the tatoos. ;)

Ratlaw: You're just funny as shit dude.

And to those who I didn't get to meet (Sludig, Toon, etc.) and those who I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with (Lil, Jestyr, Jim, etc.) I hope to be able to next time.

...Oh, and pictures will be here tomorrow. :D
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Fast question...did you guys beat Caz in All Fleshes?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I smoked half the party.

Correction.

I smoked a quarter of the party.

Maelwys smoked the other quarter, Ang went down in the first three minutes of game.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Daki, Oh, I want to too :)
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

me too! me too!!

*smacks Daki* damnit, I want to have that gaming wedding party!! RING NOW!
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

it's a good thing you don't take hints, otherwise I might have to stop smacking you.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Moo, you're welcome.

And my thanks to... well, all of you who were there, for making it a fun time yet again. And special thanks to Josh and Kara, who put Cash and I up for a day before we hit the con, and to the lovely Caz and Thorn who are our hosts even now. :)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

This was the most fun four days I've had in a long time. It was great to get to meet all of you, and a big thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Moo: Many, many thanks for helping with the room situation. Having to stay out near the airport would have sucked, and I wouldn't have had as good a time. Thanks for the BOHICA game as well, that was great. Oh, and thanks for not dieing Thursday, it would have put a damper on the rest of the Con. :)

Caz: Thanks for the great All Flesh game, I had a lot of fun. If only I had gotten to Mael first...

Kawaii and Cash: Go Team Cancer!

Thorn, Jestyr, Lin, Lil, Sludig, Ang, etc: It was great to get to talk to you and put faces (and accents!) with people.

Nex: Some day, I'll be able to play pool. I swear.

Jeff: I am never washing that side of my face again.

Everybody: You people are damn cool. I look forward to hanging out with you all again.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

I had such a fan-damn-tastic time, all. Sooo damn much fun.

Highlights:

Happy Hour. (Or, as Jestyr points out "More like Happy Two Hours, really." She's quite right.) That flipping rocked. We're totally staying at the Embassy next year, if only because it means I /actually/ can get drunk without paying $50 a night in bar tabs.

Jillian's: Both nights were a ton of fun.

Taking over the Embassy bar to the point where we were assimilating other patrons into our collective. (Resistance is futile)

All the <b>Complete Dirty Whores</b>

Jillian's II: I think it's literally been years - at least three - since I was that drunk. Oh was it fantastic. And big thanks to the lady of that evening, Jestyr. You rock, m'dear.

Can't even think the rest of it out, but it was just so damn much fun, even if I do now have a list a half-mile long of people I would've loved to spend more time with but wasn't able to. Am going to have to figure that out better for next year. Or, you know, maybe Caz really will win that Pepsi Billion-Dollar Contest (though him not drinking Pepsi may be a bit of an obstacle), and we can all have a Gathering next year again.

Much with the love!

Teja and Lin: We'll be in tough re: tattoo design..... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Bastards - and okay it doesn't work as well when written.

To the All Flesh Players - thanks for playing along and letting me jump up and down and freak out.

To Ang - thanks for touching the corpse, it gave me a great chance to role-play.

To Jestyr - thanks for coming and being a real treat to hang out with.

To Cash - happy to provide a killing ground for your l33t kender skills.

To FlakJacket - thanks for the commentary about my sanitary habits and my choice of profession.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Big Jim wrote:Jeff: I am never washing that side of my face again.
Jeff as in Jeff "Brother Justice" Hauze? If so, then I'm glad someone is carrying on the legacy in my absence!
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

DV8 wrote:Jeff as in Jeff "Brother Justice" Hauze?
Yep.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Chrome Tiger
Tasty Human

Re: [GenCon 2003] Thanks for The Memories

Post by Chrome Tiger »

MooCow wrote:Sailor Bubba - Thank you for reminding me that I'm /not/ the most pathetic person on the planet.
OMG! You mean I missed Sailor Bubba? Saw him at ACen the past few years, didn't know he'd be at GenCon. Weeeee!

Anyway, I want to thank all those people I got to meet for the absolutely freaking wonderful experience at GenCon. Finally got to meet a lot of Drekkers that I've known online for a few years. And GMing was way cool. Definately must do that again.

To all those that were incognito and I didn't get a chance to meet. Muhahahahaha. Next time, next time. :)
Shiny Metal Kitty Head!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

To Brother Justice - Thanks for the masterful display of four four time!
Sludig
Tasty Human

Post by Sludig »

Well, I'm back, and other than now having a car that needs a mile to reach 45, I had a great time. I'd like to thank the GM's (and that fat bastard Bull :) ) for roping Lil and I into the tourney, it was a blast.

Caz: I missed ya man, but Lil is still frightened by your hair. :)

BJ: Sorry I missed the four four time, or even seeing ya.

Jes, Ang, Ath: It was great meeting you.

Everyone else, it was great seeing you all again.

Adam: We have GOT to start up a Kayfabe game. :)
_*I may be crazy but I'm not insane*
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Too much to say. Will post tomorrow.
_
Maelwys
Tasty Human

Post by Maelwys »

This year definitely rocked. Despite some splitting up, I think I can say we all managed to have an incredible amount of fun.

Thanks for the fun and the memories. And yes, I do actually remember all of the con this year :)
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Really, I had a great con. Despite not having had a Gathering, I got to spend lots of time hanging out with most of the folks I wanted to - although there were a few exceptions - and I got to spend a bunch of time with some folks I'd really wanted to meet (like, say, Nex and Jeff. You guys rock :)). I did a bunch of talking with line developers for games I want to write for, and it looks like the next year should be a fun and productive one for me.

And, of course, there were free drinks for the Happy-Two-Hours. It's all good.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

And yes, I do actually remember all of the con this year
Good for you.... I know I don't. :D
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

What about Bull? It wouldn't be a good Con without Bull collapsing from alcohol abuse! :)
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Bull was dancing. Totally wasted. Good man. :)
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Maelwys
Tasty Human

Post by Maelwys »

I heard he did collapse once he staggered in...or was that last year?
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

No, I think that was you, Mael.
\m/
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was this year but he was definately a bit off-colour last year - aparently Deev passed and convinced him to drink something IIRC. You know, for a bunch of fairly intelligent people you'd have thought we'd have picked up on the basic survival trait of not doing this. ;)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

You know, for a bunch of fairly intelligent people you'd have thought we'd have picked up on the basic survival trait of not doing this.
"What's that?"
"It's Alcohol"
"What's it do?"
"Kills brain cells, destroys the liver, weakens your immune system, makes you act like a complete idiot."
"Great! I'll have two....."
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

That in general, and accepting drinks from Deev in particular. :)

It's like what Lin said at Jillians about the Long Island Iced Teas, to paraphrase, "Hey this tastes like Dennis". Although they were a bit dodgey since the bartender went a little too heavy on one of the ingredients. :D
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
ratlaw
Tasty Human

Post by ratlaw »

Just got back in myself. As much as I hate 'me too' posts I do want to say I had a blast this year! Yay us! :roll

I'd give out some specific thanks, but I know I'll miss someone important and feel lousy about it, so I'll just end with saying that the Bulldrek community is still the coolest group of individuals I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You guys are the shit, the bomb and all that and a bag of chips, dice, whatever.
--
Ratlaw

By request all posts end in "Bla-DAMN!"
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Indeed, there was much funning. I posted a recap in my LiveJournal but I did want to thank Caz and Thorn for letting me tag along until I got to meet other drekkers, Lin for getting me to drink and Jeff for keeping me from drinking too much... and Maelwys for being a complete dirty whore and killing my character in 3 minutes.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

FlakJacket wrote:That in general, and accepting drinks from Deev in particular. :)

It's like what Lin said at Jillians about the Long Island Iced Teas, to paraphrase, "Hey this tastes like Dennis". Although they were a bit dodgey since the bartender went a little too heavy on one of the ingredients. :D
No, Three Wisemen taste like Deev. *shudder* Far too strong for my taste.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Um, yeah :) Didn't get to spend nearly enough time with anyone between driving and locals and idiots running into a parked car, but the time I did get was fun and hopefully I can do it again next year :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Athenor
Tasty Human

Post by Athenor »

Heh. Apparently my plan is to actually -meet- you people next year... This year was taken up with newbie overload and meeting people from my past online lives...

I've already said thanks to my fellow GM's and such, but I'll drop a heyas to all of you too. Team Cancer, I'll admit I was rooting for you the whole tourney -- you were the coolest team I ran into.

Wildfire: I gotsta get my future wife a wig like that.

To whoever threw the grenade at the bellhop... *THWAP* Every person I ask has a different story... ;)

To Lil, Sludig, and the rest of the periphery I kinda just bumped into between the tourney and the FanPro booth (my life kinda was just the tourney events, the seminaeurs, and the Wizkids approved play venue), thanks for proving you guys are as insane in person as you are online.

To my roomies: kickass and what not.

Oh.. and to wrap this up.. anyone have the band list for who played at Radio Radio the night Bull wasted himself so much he almost missed his seminaur? Correct spellings, please.. ;) I promise to be good, but I need to get introduced to techno/goth so I can actually hang out next year.

Athenor
Pistons
Bulldrekker

Post by Pistons »

Great time, etc etc. Soon as I can get my lazy ass in gear, I'll link you to some of the pics I took. Like a total butthead, I forgot to take some at BD's and the Radio Radio party, but I still got some. It was also great to meet some of y'all (finally, in a few cases ;)) - Caz, Thorn, Jeff (BroJ! quiet motherfucker :)), Wildfire, Miss Teja.

Athenor: The bands were Urn, Nimbus and Cruciform Injection. (The latter's got a website. Typical .com addy.)

And yes, Bull completely crashed Friday evening. According to Lil and Sludig, who I saw Saturday morning at the WW announcement, it went something like this:

"Hi Lil! Hi Sludig! I am <i>so</i> drunk." *faceplant in bed*

Next year, I have got to game and hang out more. I didn't get nearly enough of that to satisfy me.
_<font size=1>`Ay,' he said. `folks should do their own fuckin', then they wouldn't want to listen to a lot of clatfart about another man's.'
- Oliver Mellors, <i>Lady Chatterley's Lover</i> </font>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Urn has just done a name change to Form 30 IIRC.

And the first two are apparently impossible to find. I really should have bought them at the bar like I was going to rather than wait. Feh.
The 86 Rules of Boozing