OOC: Bulldrek at War

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

If you need to transport these whack-jobs around by air, give me a shout. The Above and Beyond is always ready to kick some ass, and the Red Storm Rising is preped and ready to provide air cover.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

32 is apologizing to me. Should I start worrying now or later? :7

Not quite sure why you feel the need to apologize to me, 32, but really, no offense taken or slight implied. Fell free to throw me in an an NPC if needed since I'll of course be reading :)
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

You're right 32, I hadn't, I made playful banter instead. Damn straight I'm interested though. I WANT to be used by cazmonster so I have to burn a fudge point :) So to make it exceptionally clear.

[herbal essence]yes, yes! YES! AYE![/herbal essence]

Npc-ness is fun too though :)
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay, then. Then the final list of players is:

Flameblade
Overlord
Cazmonster
Kwyndig
Nightsky
Eliahad

And I mean it this time. :D
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

WOO-HOO!

Query: As to history and such, I saved my post to NiceAaron's info thread back from v.02. Would that be sufficient?

Actually, I saved the whole damn thread...
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Wooter!

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster does his happy dance.

I'll find you the full description of Cazmonster, both the Shadowrun nightmare he started out as and the antimuppet he is today...
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Ditto, I'll find the pre No-life loser/Insurrection Eliahad, and then the winged terror...though he's not nearly as badass as the Cazman himself.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Hmmm...going to have to work long on FlameBlade, because I didn't have all that much, except for my "coolness"
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Nightsky
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

Whoot! Multiple personalites and BLACK VANs and old style insanity here I come!

In speaking of the Black Van, that should be something that all of us can use. Sort of the 'bat mobile' or something.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Hate to break it to you NS, but only Batman drove the Batmobile
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

OverLord wrote: Query: As to history and such, I saved my post to NiceAaron's info thread back from v.02. Would that be sufficient?
I would think it would certainly help a great deal.
Tradejack
Tasty Human

Post by Tradejack »

The cyberzombie has nothing to say. He is merely here testing out a few issues with the his account switching problems.

As you were.
_If Hank Williams was a Budweiser longneck, you'd be a Dixie cup half full of piss.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Ack!

Post by Cazmonster »

After a day of strange sleep patterns and no visible work anywhere, I will be typing up everybody's favorite cyberfreakin' antimuppet today.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Badass. If you follow the guidelines for Genre Clash, you should be okay; you're basically looking at the same process.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

32, if you want, I can send all of the GC characters to you, and you can post them somewhere as reference. They are all quite different in how they were completed, but all of them work equally well.

I may even be able to access all of them here at work... if not, I can get them tonite at home.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That would be very useful, thank you. Are they all in Word? If not, whatever is fine, but those in Word, keep in Word, if you would; it's much easier for me to post them that way.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Already in your Inbox, my friend. They are all in Word and in a zip file. I even included Styx--my brother's vampire hunter--even though he didn't get a chance to play.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

w00t! Thank you, Bethy.
Nightsky

Post by Nightsky »

I've got the beef of mine set and ready.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

3278 wrote:w00t...
Funny, I'm not accustomed to hearing that from the edifice of um... 32-ness.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I apologize for being a moron, but I'm definitely over my head and shouldn't have been all whiny and then said yes. I apologize for leading you on 32, but I need to back out. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Please?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Forgiven. :)
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Nuts, I was hoping for a big fight!

*Puts down his popcorn and walks off.*

Anyway, I'm not too familiar with Genre Clash, I keep meaning to read about it, but I can never seem to find the time, could somebody here toss me a summary?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Genre Clash was fairly simple - create a hero about as powerful as a mid-level D&D or SR character. We all had to be fairly humanoid, and with a generally good mindset.

The game itself was a heap of fun. We, in all of our various, pretty wild characters, were taken to the realm of Halo to stop something that was killing it.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Argh! Moving Bad!

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay, I can't find the huge description of what Cazmonster was before all of this Bulldrek madness started. I'll have to go from scratch and get you a slightly different version. I'll try to get it to you sometime this evening.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Cazmonster wrote: The game itself was a heap of fun. We, in all of our various, pretty wild characters, were taken to the realm of Halo to stop something that was killing it.
Bob, was it? Or Dave?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

3278 wrote:
Cazmonster wrote: The game itself was a heap of fun. We, in all of our various, pretty wild characters, were taken to the realm of Halo to stop something that was killing it.
Bob, was it? Or Dave?
No, I'm fairly certain it was Assbag McJackwape.
Nightsky

Post by Nightsky »

Ug, sorry for being scarce lately. Work has been kicking my ass seven different ways. I've got to get this new job. :cry
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

Nearing completion with my bio...
~Louis Brandeis
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Excellent. I'll have the final rules up...probably sometime this week. Not that you need them to start making your characters, since the sheets will be mostly Background + Personality + Weapons. :)
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

E-mail the stuff to you, or post to this thread?
~Louis Brandeis
ThatWendigo
Bulldrekker

Post by ThatWendigo »

Since I didn't make the player cut, Wendigo will have moved the OCBP into his metaplane for retrofitting and upgrades. Feel free to have him drop in unnannounced as heacy firepower at any point you desire. Or, hell, just have him step out of a shadow and start knocking heads.

You, of all people, should know the Wendigod routine, ThreeTwo.
_"Men are never convinced of your reasons, of your sincerity, of the seriousness of your sufferings, except by your death. So long as you are alive, your case is doubtful; you have a right only to your skepticism. "<br>
-Albert Camus
Ryan Murphy
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by Ryan Murphy »

I'm willing to proffer up my services as NPC (might be helpful to OL).
The Justigoat
Tasty Human

Post by The Justigoat »

YOU HAVE MY AID AS WELL, O MODULE.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

jeebus...I'm so busy recently that it's not even funny. Jeeeeeeest hold on :)

E-mail me information, then I'll be able to get back to you faster.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, that's okay, Flame: I don't even have the rules up yet, due to my trip and everything. So you're okay...so far.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Gaah!

I still need to get the old cyberfreak typed up.

Cazmonster goes to find out which little bastard stole his mojo and replaced it with fresca.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Whoo! All done.

Here are the rules. I will also be moving the IC thread back here, but it'll stay locked until we've got all the characters done.

If anyone has any questions, this is the place to ask them.

I'd like to get these characters done, say, this week. We'll see, after that, if there's compelling reasons for you guys to take more than a week to make characters that you already know by heart. :)
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

So, um, do I send it straight to you when I'm done?

Also, what Scale are kittens?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Some notes about setting and plot:

P3.278 :: The End of the Story
First of all, Verjigorm. I don't think he'll play a role, but I should tie up some loose ends. After this, the etherial 3278 explains to the etherial Memory that the Shadow is actually 32's own ego, which had left his body some time ago. It had gorged itself in a steady diet of all of the rum in the world, and then proceeded to take over the Bacardi manufacturing plants, forcing them to make endless streams of Bacardi 200, followed by chasers of the vastly less destructive Bacardi 151. Eventually, it gained enough power to challenge its former host, 3278. While it did not have enough power to kill him, it was able to cripple him, forcing his spirit from his body. Verjigorm, seeking to avenge his master, fought with and eventually partially succumbed to the Shadow, making it part of himself when Caz tortured them both with boy bands.

While the valiant warriors attempted to destroy the Shadow/Verjigorm - even to the point of bringing out the dreaded Executioners Axe - Memory formulated a plan, a combination of the previous plans. While weakening the creature through combat, they would seek to influence it in the strongest possible way, leading it back to the light, or as close to a balance of light and darkness as ultimate evil was likely to come. Memory finally conveyed the plan, and they all began to execute it.

After days of mortal combat and untold unregeneratable injury, the monster was deemed weak enough. While it could no longer hear, as it had destroyed its own ears, Cazmonster connected himself to a Seismic Speaker Array Overlord found in Dr. Frankenskyien's Lab, and led the entire Realm of Bulldrekkia in 427 verses of Puff the Magic Dragon.

Overcome by sweetness and light, even his deafness not preventing him from sensing the incredible vibrations put off by Caz's voice powering the Array, Verjigorm - now completely one with the Shadow - finally rebalanced himself, all the light and joy in the universe combating all the evil and bringing him back to his normal taciturn but absolutely diabolical self.

Verjigorm now behaves much as before, but with vastly increased powers - which he immediately used to restore his master to his body, though not to fix the damage he had wrought, which he considered beneath him - and a new appearance. Where before his monsterous skin was a sheer and sickly green, now it appeared as if his body had been shattered, and the cracks between filled with a blackness from which no light could escape.

The end. Mostly.

Setting :: The Realm of Bulldrekkia
There is little to say here that isn't already inside your own heads, but since we'll be playing in my mental image of the Realm, you should know what that is.

The Realm itself - the Kingdom of Bulldrekkia, the Heart of the Madness - consists of a single fair-sized planet, always in flux. As the will of its denizens makes itself known, whole landscapes and settings appear and disappear. If one could see all the Threads of the Realm at once, Bulldrek would be thousands of planets laid over each other like countless layers of tracing paper. But we're looking at one thread: Bulldrek at War.

In this portion of the irreal, Bulldrek is largely a lifeless ball of rock, puncuated by the ocassional sea or forest or jelly sandwich, as people dream such things into existance. But the default state of the planet is the Wastelands. Without will, the planet defaults to a vast rocky desert, full of spires of rock, bitter, twisted landscapes, sand and gravel for untold leagues. Since most Bulldrekkers tend to congregate, there's a city, or what is effectively one, full of KFT franchises, OLT headquarters, Dr. Frankenskyien's Lab, and countless traffic accidents.

In the center of the city is The Embassy, where the denizens of Bulldrek go to ask questions and make requests of Control, the vast and enormously powerful AI that rests beneath the crust of the world. Although theoretically all-powerful, Control is aloof, and does not always grant the requests of its users. [Sample ignored request: "Can you just make all the demons go away?"]

On the outskirts of the city, in a grassy plain, 3278 has parked the battle platform that is now his home: the Havok. This is where the adventure starts for Caz and Overlord. The rest of you will start wherever you choose.

Current Events :: The Demon Invasion
Someone opened a gate. They left it open. It went to a Demon Realm. No one knows who, but given that this is a little more significant than drinking the last of the chocolate milk and leaving the carton in the fridge, everyone would like to.

Demons are pouring through at an incredible rate, and they're holding the gate open themselves now. In order to stem the tide of the invasion, the gate will have to be closed. And every single demon will have to die. There is no reasoning with them; they are, for all intents and purposes, antiBulldrek. They come in all shapes and sizes, although there is some constancy to their form. That is to say, there are a thousand-and-one Ick Beasts, all of whom look the same and act the same, but there are also a million other forms of demon, each with its own appearance, behavior, and powers.

Some of these demons have immunities to Bulldrek powers; the Thudd, for instance, are a race of granite demons who cannot be effected by telekinesis. More terrifying, some of them nullify some natural states of Bulldrek, defying the very physics of the Realm. The Skkrak are one of the most fearsome of these; like the Shadow, they possess the power to nullify the regeneration abilities inherent in every Bulldrekker. And there are rumors of demons even worse, who nullify the Invoking power all Bulldrekkers share; within some distance of them, Bulldrekkers are rumored not to be able to warp reality to their will.

This nullification of the physics of the Realm is even worse than the simple destruction the demons can cause. Left on their own, the demons will eventually unravel the very fabric of the Realm, so opposed to its nature are they.

Powers :: The Stuff Everyone Gets, and Should Write on Their Character Sheet
Invoking: All Bulldrekkers live by the motto, "And thus is will, where power and will are one." Whatever a Bulldrekker chooses to create, he or she can. This power is limited, however, by the Willpower stat. Opposing the Invoking of someone more powerful in Will than you are is virtually guaranteed to fail. In addition, the unpredictable nature of Bulldrek means that sometimes, what you ask for isn't what you get; you might Invoke a refridgerator with which to crush your enemy, and instead Invoke a shotgun, firing at your own head. For this reason, Bulldrekkers tend to try avoiding Invoking whenever possible.

Regeneration: All Bulldrekkers, unless otherwise noted, possess the power of Regeneration. All wounds are healed, no matter how grievous, within seconds of the attack. Very serious - which is to say, deadly - wounds may take as long as a minute, or even longer, if some other power is in play. 3278, it should be noted, is one of the "unless otherwise noted" people; because he was originally from the Realm of Semi-Serious Topics [or The Lounge, or the Shadowrun forum, technically] and because he achieved his first P1K outside the Realm of Bulldrek, he does not possess the innate powers of a Bulldrekker de facto. Cazmonster is another exception; although he regenerates, his mechanism for doing so is different from other Bulldrekkers.

I'm sure there are other powers I'm not thinking of. Please, let me know if there are any other Powers everyone should have.

Miscellaneous :: Stuff You'll Want to Know
Control can be communicated with from anywhere in the Realm, or frankly, in the universe. Whether or not it'll answer a question is perfectly unclear, but it should be remembered that Control is all-knowing, so it makes a really nice library.

Of course I don't expect you to work as a team. This is Bulldrek. But you should know that it'll likely be more effective.
Nightsky

Post by Nightsky »

I'm putting the finishing touches on the skill list. I should have no problem making the character deadline of this week.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Ditto on that. Today or Thursday and Cazmonster will be ready to unleash on the all too suspecting Demons.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Kick ass. E-mail them to me when you're done, at 3278@3278.org.
Ryan Murphy
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by Ryan Murphy »

Here's an idea for you, 3-2: you seem to be "in" on the Changes thread, so this won't take much explaining.

When The Justigoat finally bites the big one (and he will, soon ;) ) perhaps the location of his death can be where the Demon Gate is?

Seems to me, the obliteration of a fundamental entity of the universe would be reason enough to create a powerful tear in the metaplanar fabric. Or whatever.

Just a thought, to kind of give a "raison-d'être" to the Demon Gate- unless you had a hidden origin in mind. Lemme know what you think- till I hear back, I hold off on any Justigoat actions in Changes.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Of /course/ I had a hidden origin in mind, dorkis. :) But thank you.
Ryan Murphy
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by Ryan Murphy »

Just thought I'd ask ;)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

And it's "Dorkus". "Dorkis" is laame.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

No, no. It's only lame if you're speaking English.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

So what are you speaking? Atlantean?

Cazmonster pictures 3278 doing the Aquaman Butt-Dance and thoroughly enjoys it.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Do you have your character done? No? Then that was 10 seconds you could have been working on him, dorkis! :D