OOC: Bulldrek at War

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
No-Life Loser

OOC: Bulldrek at War

Post by 3278 »

What interest, if any, would people have in a PB3 game of Bulldrek?

It's a total spur-of-the-moment thought inspired by a post I wrote this morning. I don't know what system we'd use, if any, or really anything about how it would work. I do know it'd be more like the rest of the PB3 games and not like Bulldrek normally is. There'd be a limited number of players, and it would read like a threaded story, not like, you know, Bulldrek.

But I would /love/ to GM such a thing with some of our better writers. I think Bulldrek is too vibrant a setting to be limited to just Bulldrek.

What's the interest level?
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I would love to but I don't think I am online enough to keep pace with everything and would slow things down.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Merf. You're number #17, 32.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Some limitations:
PCs would be limited to gimmicks and devices that are originally theirs. Caz couldn't take the Black Van, for instance, but he could take the Electric Mayhem. Overlord couldn't take the Havok - because he gave it to me - but he could take his new battle platform.

Anyone not in the game would be an NPC, from Alareth to voz. The GM, as usual, controls the NPCs.

Anyone not a Bulldrekker is not an NPC. Adam, for instance, could hardly be considered a Bulldrekker, since he doesn't really set foot in there unless there's a /really/ funny joke to be made.

Some freedoms:
anything that's not a limitation is a freedom. Welcome to Bulldrek, asshole. If it isn't nailed down... :D
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I'd be exceedingly interested in playing this... but I don't have regular net access at the moment; about the only time I can post is at school during programming, and that doesn't give me a whole lot of time to write cool IC Bulldrekisms.

That said, I'll be happy to help set up the system, which'll probably have to have some severe modifications to it to make it BD Compatible(TM).

*Envisions creating a d1000 chart for random Bulldrek events.*
Silent Sniper
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Silent Sniper »

Didn't Kwyndig make a Bulldrek RPG in the olden days (aka V0.2)?
_
The Duke of Slack
Wielder of the Axe of Mass Destruction
Keeper of the Food Loaf

Quote of the random period of time:
Beware, naughty children, for the bells herald Santa's dark harvest of souls...
Alareth
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Alareth »

NPC? Me?
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
"Society without religion is like a psychopath without a gun"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'd be intrested, I have never played as a player in PB3, but I'd be intrested.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

I don't know if I'm a good enough writer, but I'd be interested.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Hella yea, I'm interested.

I recommend using Bethyaga's Fudge system. I mean, it went by superbly last time. A lot less hassle figuring out system. Now I need Cazmonster... :)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

Am I interested?

Hmm...

After much deliberation, I can only say this: HELL YEAH!
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
Loremaster Arivs
Tasty Human

Hmm...

Post by Loremaster Arivs »

I'd definitely give some thought to bringing Brother Justice out of retirement for this, though in the end, it would depend on how much posting is required. Additionally, Brother Justice, other than being the One and Only Priest of the Mechanical God, really doesn't have that much in the way of powers. But if there is a space and interest, I'm there.
_You don't live with me, you live among the remnants of dead people. You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey ... and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through. - Justine Hanna (Diane Venora), Heat
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

I'm a fucking idiot

Post by Jeff Hauze »

It might help if I posted under the right account.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

FlameBlade wrote: I recommend using Bethyaga's Fudge system. I mean, it went by superbly last time. A lot less hassle figuring out system. Now I need Cazmonster... :)
FUDGE is the system frontrunner at this point. Although it's likely to be used effectively only for characters, and not for die rolling, since there isn't likely to be any.

Caz is a must. If I have to drag him in kicking and screaming, he's a must.

Since there's interest, I should let you all know that the player selection process is going to heavily favor people who have been long-term or just plain dedicated members of Bulldrek proper. This doesn't mean postcount and it doesn't mean strictly time-in-the-saddle; mostly, in means degree of personality in that forum.

Also, writing quality will play a big role.

The game will be somewhat combat-heavy, but you should know that these demons are smart; a few nukes and some autofire isn't going to win the day. You'll need some brainpower, and that'll mean some non-combat time.

That's all for now.
Brother Justice
Tasty Human

Post by Brother Justice »

3278 wrote: Since there's interest, I should let you all know that the player selection process is going to heavily favor people who have been long-term or just plain dedicated members of Bulldrek proper. This doesn't mean postcount and it doesn't mean strictly time-in-the-saddle; mostly, in means degree of personality in that forum.
On that note, and a fair one, I'm going to withdraw here. Many more folks than I fit that criteria, and far better. I'll keep an eye on the game. Hollar if you need any NPC piping in, or a good Bulldrek prayer to start the Crusade, Earl. ;)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Flameblade wrote:I recommend using Bethyaga's Fudge system. I mean, it went by superbly last time. A lot less hassle figuring out system. Now I need Cazmonster...
3278 wrote:Caz is a must. If I have to drag him in kicking and screaming, he's a must.
I love you guys. Sure, I'll play.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Tradejack
Tasty Human

Post by Tradejack »

And as fascinating as this looks, I'll content myself with watching from the sidelines for now.

*sigh*
_If Hank Williams was a Budweiser longneck, you'd be a Dixie cup half full of piss.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

whoa...That means I definitely will have to work a lot on FlameBlade. I imagine that this game will help me develop FlameBlade into something much much better. I imagine this as a retreat for Bulldrekkers ;)

In other words...

hell yea, I'm in! Cazmonster's there. So I'm definitely in!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Holy Schniekies!

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster does a double take and then grabs Tradejack for the wuffling of a lifetime.

Dude! Good to see you made it out of that vat of formaldehyde we kept you in. Where the heck is Bingo the Heckhound?
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Oh hell yea...... Count me in.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Must go speed up happenings the v0.2 p1k thread then...
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Ya know what, What the hell, I'm in. Lets see if this can get those damn creative juices flowing again.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

The Threegatwogameister wrote:The game will be somewhat combat-heavy, but you should know that these demons are smart; a few nukes and some autofire isn't going to win the day. You'll need some brainpower, and that'll mean some non-combat time.
If I join, does it mean I can ask lots of questions and figure out just what of the scenery I can use to beat the crap out of things?
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Eliahad wrote:
The Threegatwogameister wrote:The game will be somewhat combat-heavy, but you should know that these demons are smart; a few nukes and some autofire isn't going to win the day. You'll need some brainpower, and that'll mean some non-combat time.
If I join, does it mean I can ask lots of questions and figure out just what of the scenery I can use to beat the crap out of things?
Does this mean that I get to use Eliahad as a blunt object on the demons?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Cazmonster wrote:
Eliahad wrote:
Does this mean if Cazmonster uses me and misses, I have to burn a fudge point?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Eliahad wrote:
Cazmonster wrote:
Eliahad wrote:
Does this mean if Cazmonster uses me and misses, I have to burn a fudge point?
Mmmmm Fudgy Goodness....

But, onto the real topic at hand, I wanna see character generation rules, mostly cause I love the Fudge System.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Fudge is the motherfucking bomb. And I mean that in the most sexy big explosive hellfire and brimstone fire raining down on God way.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Anybody got a copy of these aforementioned FUDGE rules?
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

<a href=http://www.fudgerpg.com>www.fudgerpg.com</a> in a variety of formats; HTML, text, PDF, etc.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Sweet, thanks!
Kwyndig
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Yes, I did write a Bulldrek RPG, but it's woefully incomplete and too specific.

Hrm, I thought I had a text file version lying around that I was going to format in HTML, but now I can't find it.

Anyway, I am interested.
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Nightsky
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

Woot! Good ole fashioned bulldrek with plot! Count me in. This reminds me of the Mutatedblade conspiracy, where there was a relatively coherant train of thought throughout the multiple threads.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay. I've been looking over the Fudge rules for character creation, and I think we're going to go with that. I'm going to work up some chargen rules a la Genre Clash's, but it'll basically be Fudge.

Note this will likely be only for chargen; I doubt we'll be using a "system," per se, when we play.
Nightsky
Location: metaplane of booze, illect substances, and nekkid women

Post by Nightsky »

When it comes down to system I don't see why we can't just wing it and let the person running the game make the call on how things turn out. Then again, that's sort of the essence of Fudge anyway.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

A system might be fun, just to watch 3278's head sweat while he calculates target numbers.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Nightsky wrote: When it comes down to system I don't see why we can't just wing it and let the person running the game make the call on how things turn out. Then again, that's sort of the essence of Fudge anyway.
Exactly. Name the last time someone used dice in Old Dogs.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Nooo!

Post by Cazmonster »

I must have the head-sweat!
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'm still in :)
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

I'm throwing "Bobbin Threadbare" up as an NPC. Preferably a beach hermit or hobo they find critical information from. This means I don't have to do anything, right?
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

:D Correct.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

So, when do you want the material, and when it's due, etc etc? You see, I'm busy...with matrix Algebra Project, physics, trip to Eli's cello recital, etc etc, so if I know the time, I'll be able to find time to wedge things in easily.
Tradejack
Tasty Human

Post by Tradejack »

Why? Why would I do this?

I want in. I want the Fudgey goodness.

God help me.
_If Hank Williams was a Budweiser longneck, you'd be a Dixie cup half full of piss.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Flame, I'm guessing I'll have the rules within a week, and be ready to go a week after that. I mean, character creation should be simple, right? :)

I'll also have final player selection made...soon, I would think.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Tradejack wrote: Why? Why would I do this?

I want in. I want the Fudgey goodness.

God help me.
Dammit, Tradejack, get your ass back in the box! How many times do I have to tell you not to bother the other Bulldrekkers?

I'm very sorry. I'm withdrawing Tradejack from the pool of possible players for this game. He doesn't have this kind of time, and he knows it.

I'm very sorry. Really.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

You're so cute.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Final player selection is complete.

To those I've left out, I'm sorry. If you want specifics of why I didn't include you, PM me and I'll try to explain. It's definately not for lack of roleplaying ability, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't accept Wildfire. [Sorry, lady!]

There is a definate leaning toward "old school" posters, but if anyone gives me shit for that, I'll whip out the cricket bat. It has nothing to do with personal liking or anything of the sort. As evidenced by the fact that I didn't accept Wildfire. [Sorry, lady!]

So, without further adieu, here are the players for Bulldrek at War:

Flameblade
Overlord
Cazmonster
Kwyndig
Nightsky

Please begin thinking about powers, history, personality, etc. I'm going to be pretty god damned fascist about the character sheets and completeness. Which also means I'm going to get the chargen rules up as quickly as possible, so that you all have the maximum amount of time to make good, detailed, but open-ended character sheets.

Chargen's going to be a little odd; equipment lists, for instance, mean little in a game where you can will things into existance. Nevertheless, if there are belongings you possess that have detailed histories or abilities, I'm going to need to have that. Remember, I don't spend that much time in Bulldrek, so I don't know a lot of what you all do. Things like Overlord's battle platform and Caz's cyberware are going to need to be spelled out for me.

That said, I'm not going to be a fucking idiot. I'm against that, as many of you know.

To everyone reading this, both the tragically denied applicants and the simple observers, I hope you keep watching. I think it'll be a hell of a show. :evil :D
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Do we still get to be NPC's?
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

You ought to be able to if you want. The puppetmaster needs his puppets, after all.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Kwyndig
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

3278 wrote: So, without further adieu, here are the players for Bulldrek at War:

Flameblade
Overlord
Cazmonster
Kwyndig
Nightsky
W000T! Time to get jiggy wit it!

*Does the kitten dance!*
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Eliahad wrote: Do we still get to be NPC's?
Given the incredible panapoly of people in Bulldrek, it seems likely that guest appearances are almost inevitable.

On the other hand, Eliahad, I had been intending on including you in that list, but I didn't find any place in which you had stated your interest definitively. Are you expressing your interest definitively?